Prev: RE: Stargrunt/Dirtside Next: Re: Dolphins In Space (BRIN) [ Some SPOILERS for "Startide Rising " ]

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:21:14 -0400
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998 20:24:14 -0400, Los <los@cris.com> wrote:
>
> >We found them to be perfectly useful In Haiti for Crowd control. A
guy will
> >recoil away from a rifle with a bayonet in that kind of situation
before he
> >recoils away from just the rifle.
>
> There is an ingrained fear factor that doesn't exist with guns. People
just
> naturally fear blade weapons. Funny enough, I can watch people getting
shot in
> movies and TV, but I get squeamish when I see someone cut their finger
open in
> a movie or TV show. Something weird about knives, I guess.

I use a shotgun for hunting, but I have friends who bow hunt.  The
broadheads
on a hunting arrow are incredibly sharp as they are designed to cut
through
bone to reach a deer's or other game animals vital organs.  I think I'll
stick to
a shotgun.

Jon

Prev: RE: Stargrunt/Dirtside Next: Re: Dolphins In Space (BRIN) [ Some SPOILERS for "Startide Rising " ]