Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 23:21:03 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

On Thu, 7 May 1998 Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMail.UNeb.EDU wrote:

> Jon,
> At Genghis Con in Denver, Binhan had some 1889 ships built, *in* 25mm
> scale, with figs to fight on them! To get his attention, I think
you'll
> have to include boarding, flying Martians, and the like. ;->=
>
> Binhan, I never did hear how your game went. Were you using ship
movement
> rules, or strictly doing the boarding party fighting? Do I need to
repeat
> how beautiful those beasts were?
>
> The_Beast

Actually we didn't get enough ships finished to actually play.	I remain
the only one with a completed (actually recently completed) ship
although
I've managed to drum up some interest (especially when I mention that I
have put together enough plywood decks and foam parts to build another 3
Hullcutters...)

Hopefully this summer will allow the completion of the rest of the ships
and a real game will be put on this fall for Tacticon.

The intent was to run a game using all the rules (including altitude)
and
to have a reasonable game we decided we needed 2-3 ships per side, so
construction has continued.

The ships are constructed from 1/4" plywood decks with foam blocks
comprising most of the hull.  To stiffen up the structure, thin card was
overlaid and then balsa strips over this.  The result is a nice looking,
but labor and time intensive result.  I'm still looking for ways to
rapidly cover the martian ships in a manner that still looks like wood
planking.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs