Prev: Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

West Coast Con (Update)

From: "John Fox [TEMP]" <John.W.Fox@E...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 08:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: West Coast Con (Update)

Greeting Once Again From the West Coast (USA) Con Planning people.

There is good news and so so news

  First the so-so.  We are still trying to decide which place to hold
the
convention at.	Right now we are talking to one place in Mountain View
and one
in San Jose.  Orginally we thought that the one in Mountain View would
be better
but the manager has raised the price by $1.50 per head and asks for $300
to $500
minimum for us to have the use his playing area.  As you might expect
this has
put a damper on our desire to deal with him.  Especially since he
started with
no minimum deposit and a cheaper price.  The place in San Jose is
looking better
and better (resonable rate per person per day and no minimum amount.)
We are
trying to get a feel for other stuff like places to eat, and the like
with the
place in San Jose. We are still talking about this decision.
  All this aside, we will be having the con the first weekend in August
(July 31
to Aug2)
  The good news.  I have had several people e-mail me and want to run
games (FT,
Stargrunt and Dirtside).  Being basically sane I said YES.  So, as of
right now
we have at least two Stargrunt and two Dirtside games in the cue.  There
are a
mess of FT (orginal rules) and a couple FTII games in the cue. Did I say
mess, I
meant a big mess of FT orginal.  There are several people here who have
at least
five or six scenerios already to go.  A couple will need at least five
to six
players to run properly. (I help playtest a couple of them).
  Presently I am working, going to school, running a FT campaign game,
dealing
with moving a church, building rc warships and redoing the kitchen and
bathroom.
 To say my life is busy is an understatement.  I will try and keep
everyone
informed as thing move along.

  John W. Fox
  jwfox@eng.sun.com (w)
  jwmkfox@sj.bigger.net (h)

Prev: Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)