Prev: Re: Anti-US bullshit, was Re: Obstacles Next: Lifepods (was: Re: SV: Li Han?)

Re: NAC/Japanese relations (was: Re: Anti-US bullshit...)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:01:41 +0000
Subject: Re: NAC/Japanese relations (was: Re: Anti-US bullshit...)

>You wrote:
>
>>As to the previous posts on this thread (argued with varying degrees
>of >vehemence and/or coherency), I can assure you all of one thing: THE
>FT >UNIVERSE HAS NO GOOD GUYS!!!! Everyone is out for their own ends at
>
>No one ever said it did, except our neighborhood New Soviet Man.
>
>the >base level. Some nations/forces may adhere more to certain
>moral/ethical >codes than others, though one man's rules of war can
>easily become another >man's atrocity. Anyone worried that the NAC is
>squeaky-clean should consult >the timeline again: they START the Third
>Solar War.....
>
>I could care less who starts wars, my interest is restricted to how
>they tend to prosecute.  Is it still (as is currently) the practice of
>the NAC (read US/UK) to teach and enforce the Geneva, Hauge, and other
>applicable treaties, or should I presume all sense of humanity and law
>has been stuffed in an airlock and show into space?  That's all I'm
>asking, and I only care in regards to mine warfare.  It matters.

The NAC will, I think, still follow conventions regarding treatment of
POWs
etc., but may well be a little more "flexible" in terms of employment of
weapon systems (anything short of indiscriminate nuking, that is, and
there
are probably even arguable cases for that....)	:)
I think you'd be OK assuming that mine warfare is firmly back on the
menu
again.

Jon (GZG)