Prev: Re: SV: Li Han? Next: Re: Anti-US bullshit, was Re: Obstacles

RE: Obstacles

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 09:02:42 +1000
Subject: RE: Obstacles

-----Original Message-----
From: jatkins6@ix.netcom.com [mailto:jatkins6@ix.netcom.com]

You wrote:

>XXX I think I heard something about the Commander of the Para Reg
>    shot down while under a flag of truce.   It seems his men took
>    that as a personal insult and a fight to the death announcement
>    by the Argentines.   JTL  XXX

No it wasn't a flag of truce. The Argentine's weren't surrendering at
all! In fact the Para's attack had stalled and LtCol Jones had moved
forward to get things going again. He was shot and killed. If it is any
consolation, the assault did finally succeed.

Owen G

Prev: Re: SV: Li Han? Next: Re: Anti-US bullshit, was Re: Obstacles