Prev: Re: NSL Ship Names [Help] Next: Re: Future of the UFTWWWP?

RE: Obstacles, Part 3

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 12:04:31 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

You wrote:

>Now it should be borne in mind that these obstacles don't just
magically >appear in front of an objective. Prior to any attack, recon
is conducted >and determining location and layout of obstacles is one
very important >piece of info to be gathered. Consequently Engineer
support is PLANNED >into the attack. Now we are talking Bn, Bde or

>constructions can be VERY deep and if put together properly the human
>body weight will not be at all effective. A HE round from a Carl

11-row Concertina Roadblocks.  Let's lay a squad of infantry,
end-to-end. . .

And I just don't believe anyone who's in normal physical shape is going
to foul up a concertina fence on their own.

And pray I havn't mined the approaches.

Gustav >will not do much either. In the explosion much of the wire and
pickets >just get pushed around and you end up with even a worse mess
to try to >get through.

I did concede that a DFFG of sufficient size (say 3+) should be able to
breach a simple wire obstacle.

>Now if someone could come up with a way to factor in Intel and

PsyOps.  Opposed roll for unit quality, higher roll convinces looser's
troops to either desert or surrender.  Roll d6.  On three or less, they
stick their bayonets in the ground and go home, on a four or more, they
surrender.  Kinda makes for a boring game. . .

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: NSL Ship Names [Help] Next: Re: Future of the UFTWWWP?