Prev: RE: Byzantines in space..was Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: Police Grav vans

Re: Components of NAC CVL -- and the FB

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:14:19 +0000
Subject: Re: Components of NAC CVL -- and the FB

> Just what components go to make up the NAC CVL mini? The CV consists
of
> an upper and lower hull, flight deck, two engine pods and the bridge
module, but
> what about the CVL? From photos and drawings, I'm guessing that
there's an
> upper and lower hull, plus the flight deck, but how are the engines
attached? Are
> they separate pieces, or part of one of the hull pieces?

The engines are smaller ones than the CV and fit on the side in the
same place. The hull pieces and flight deck are, as you'd expect, the
same ones as the CV.

> I ask because it has occured to me that, purely on a visual basis,
there's a gap
> between the BD and the SD in the NAC fleet, and I had an idea of how
to create
> a "Dreadnought" ship to bridge it. The ship would use components from
the CVL
> and the SD, but I need to know what to order from Jon before I can
make one!

Interesting idea .. maybe Jon would release it as a 'proper' model in
the NAC range if it all turns out OK.

Tony Francis
(tony@simis.co.uk)

Brigade Models website
    http://www.uk-net.com/uk/freeweb/users/brigade

Prev: RE: Byzantines in space..was Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: Police Grav vans