Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Components of NAC CVL -- and the FB

Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:15:34 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Adrian Bruce wrote:

> You guys all know Evangelion right? It is about 14year olds emotional
> and self confidence problems ( and a few things that get a bit
> political in relationship to the japanese 'system'), with an AMAZING
> BACKSTORY about invading ANGELS, GOD, MANKIND and the EVA bio-mechs
the
> kids 'pilot'.....
>
> Unfortuneately, in Japan, it is NOT the SF backstory that they clamor
for
> here for the most part, but the girls in their body hugging 'plug
suits'...

I don't know about that... there are countless braindead "courtesy
breasts" shows that just flop. Shows like Evangelion develop character
cults because the actual shows are good.

Though it could be argued that Sailor Moon is an exception...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Components of NAC CVL -- and the FB