Prev: Re: Slight Order Revision Next: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

Re: X to GZG conversions...

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:14:31 +0100
Subject: Re: X to GZG conversions...

At 21:16 28/04/98 -0500, you wrote:
>You wrote:
>
>>So are your armour units called 'Cataphracts'? (sp?)

	If their based on the 10th Century then it should be
Klibanophoros
with any vechile unit being Cataphractoi.

>Have just begun massive reorganization of my Mini designs.  But my
>Heavy (Sz 4) Grav Tank is called the Belisarius, The Tank Destroyer
>varient is Narses, and the Tracked Thematic tank is the Justinian.  :)
>
>Some of my 'Cattlelifter' (Irregular unpaid volunteers) designs include

>the Hyperkerastai and the Prokousotores (sp on the last).  As are the
>formations they equip.
>
>Cataphracts will probably show up as unit designations, indeed.

	What no Trapezitoi, Akritoi, Skutatoi, Peltastoi or Pisloi?

>Right now I'm trying to decide on the Varangians.  My current
>translation is that the Nea Rhomaioi rent an entire Brigade of Marines
>from the NAC, a la the Sultan of Brunei and his SAS squadron.	Whatcha
>think?
>
>John M. Atkinson

	The Varangians should definately be from the Scandinavian
Federation.
 (And commanded be a big red headed bloke called Harald)

	Tony.
	(who wrote the bloody army list)
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Slight Order Revision Next: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS