Prev: Re: FT FLEET BOOK Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Re: FT Lite

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:45:40 -0600
Subject: Re: FT Lite

David Brewer wrote:

> Hell, if it's only four pages of photocopies, why even charge a
> single brass farthing? For all the profit it would make, after the
> distributors and shops take their slice out you could just give it
> away as "freeware" and let the lazy sods do their own copying.

	First of all, I love the idea of FT Lite.  I have some Heavy
Gear
sample rules sets that I use to introduce new players to HG.  A similar
set of rules would be a real help to treach new players in to the
basics.

> Likewise a .PDF version to download off the 'net.

	Didn't Jon mention that he was thinking of setting a GZG web
site?  If
so, then this would be a great place to distribute a .PDF version of FT
Lite.

> FT2 can be summerised on a postcard... I guess the key question is
> what exactly do you leave *out* from the basic rules?

	I'd keep ships really simple, mostly beam weapons with a few
special
weapons (pluse torp, needle beam, SMB) for flavor.  Cinematic movement
only.  Maybe rules for asteriods to make things more interesting.  No
fighters or superweapons.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"I know I'll make it, love can last forever
	Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
	And you can make it last, forever you
	You can make it last, forever you"

				     --Smashing Pumpkins
				     "Thirty-Three"

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: Re: FT FLEET BOOK Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...