Prev: Re: Young FT players (was: Re: X to GZG conversions...) Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Re: X to GZG conversions...

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 07:44:26 -0500
Subject: Re: X to GZG conversions...

-I've been having some thoughts recently about a VERY stripped-down
-small
-booklet of just the basic FT core rules (suitably updated), explained
-in
-very simple terms especially for newcomers, young players and
-non-gamers
-
-sort of "FT Lite".
-Any opinions on this idea? Could even be sold as a package with a few
-ship
-minis!
-
-Jon (GZG)

I personally think this is an EXCELLENT idea. I would tend to suggest it
being a package of figs with 'a free set of basic(introductory?) rules'
as
the tag, but I never tried to suggest I was good at marketing. Or
accounting; no idea whether the economy of scale of selling several figs
at
once could make the statement true...

My own feeling is that this would also give a base-line for those of us
trying introductory demo/tourneys. It's tempting to give new players all
the 'bells-and-whistles', and you don't want to bore the quick-witted,
but
you will always have a few dunces such as me, that will get overwhelmed
with details and miss the basic fun of the game.

Even so, I consider the current FT II amongst the least threating,
easiest
to pick up set of rules as I've ever seen. Even better than the original
Starfire which I still admire, and the last version of that I saw
definitely needed a 'Quick Start' set. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Young FT players (was: Re: X to GZG conversions...) Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...