Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT) Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Re: X to GZG conversions...

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:08:20 -0700
Subject: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Jon Davis wrote:

> Ogre is also a very simple game to teach.  The advantage of FT over
> Ogre, however, is the use of the miniature ship figures.  A starship
> combat game with miniature figs, simple rules, and rapid play is a
> great combination to introduce new people to the hobby.

Yes, but Ogre has a set of miniatures rules, too. That's how I got into
playing DSII; Ogre was too limited.

As a bonus, I can use my microarmour miniatures for both games!

Unfortunately, you can't buy Ogres anymore. They make great Bolos and
DSII allows you to customize them as you wish, something that the
original Ogre doesn't.

If anybody is wanting to get rid of their dust-collecting Ogres, let me
know. . .

Paul

Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT) Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...