Prev: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Re: X to GZG conversions...

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 14:13:54 -0500
Subject: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Absolutely! I once played with a couple of neighborhood kids, using
Superior ships without bases, with circular template out of the FT II
book.
I think they were 7 and 10.

They each had heavy cruisers, me with a battlecruiser. They split, then
closed in behind me. Trashed me good! (Ok, I wasn't trying THAT hard to
manuever. ;->=)

I look foreward to FT III with the possibility of mixing the more
complex
'realistic' movement with simpler FTII movement arcs, just so those
needing
the challenge can fly their way, while there'll be simpler rules for
those
kids I want to include.

We shall see if the dream will become real...

The_Beast

jatkins6@ix.netcom.com (John Atkinson) on 04/27/98 12:11:42 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

You wrote:
>Hmmm.	Playing FT is so much simpler than playing DS or SG, in setup
and >play.  I ought to play it more.  I wonder if my son (5 years old)
could >play this, if I let him move directly instead of writing orders.
At a recent con, I talked two kids into playing a demo game.  They used
their StarWars toys (the plastic ones on clear stands) to play the
introductory scenario in the FT book.  The younger one was maybe 9?
They picked it up by the third turn or so.  IMHO FT is the easiest
wargame to learn I've played.
John M. Atkinson

Prev: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...