Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)

Re: EW and ESM (Was RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2)

From: Kristian Miller <travellerne@3...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:40:37 -0700
Subject: Re: EW and ESM (Was RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2)

John Atkinson wrote:
> 1)The USofA does not sell communications equipment that we cannot jam
> and/or intercept.
> 2)The United States has sold comms systems using variable frequencies
> to various nations.
>
> I leave you, as I was left, to connect the dots.

Which leads to another interesting "war story."  A friend of mine was
an electronics officer on an Intruder.	He related a story of how in
an exercise with the French he was jamming on a full spectrum to cover
all of the "variable frequencies" even though he knew exactly what
frequency the French were using.  On an unjammed administrative channel
he was radioing the French and asking about the effectiveness of the
jamming.  Well, the French ignored him until he took all of the
Intruder's jamming power, across all of the frequencies, and put it on
the one frequency they were using.  He said he got immediate feedback
from the French operators since he had set their equipment on fire.

Hmmm.

Kristian Miller

Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)