Prev: RE: Traveller FT (was RE: Introduction to the list) Next: Re: epic to Dirtside conversions

Traveller FT (was RE: Introduction to the list)

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:28:39 -0900
Subject: Traveller FT (was RE: Introduction to the list)

FWIW, I made an excel spreadsheet several years ago for building
High-Guard
ships (A wonderful construction system, by far their best - the combat
rules were a little screwy though).  It basically mimics the ship design
worksheet from Supplement (12?) Forms and Charts.  I would be happy to
e-mail it to anyone interested, but not until tomorrow, as I don't have
it
at work with me.  I have been interested in ways of taking the
High-Guard
era ships and using them in FT.  The best rules I have seen for this
have
been Steve Parsonage's "Fifth Frontier Thrust" - You can find the text
rules on Mark's Web page at:

http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/5thThrust.txt

I have converted the same rules to a nicely formatted MS Word document,
so
if anyone would like a formatted copy I would be happy to provide one
(assuming of course that there is no objection from Steve - The rules
and
his name are all still intact - just re-formatted)

mkkabrow@wco.com on 04/22/98 08:18:02 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)
Subject:  RE: Introduction to the list

Welcome!
     I'm actually working on an Excel spreadsheet to build High
Guard(2nd
Edition) ships.  I think the campaign rules from Trillion Credit
Squadron
can easily transfer to FT.  So far, as I look at FT the designs all seem
convert to Traveller Book 2 (1 mass = 50 tons).  For High Guard to make
sense the ratio seems to be 1 mass = 500 tons.
Michael Brown
http://www.wco.com/~mkkabrow
Gaming for over 20 years
AH, GDW, SPI, TSR(back when everthing was 5x8"!)