Prev: Re: Mercenary figures for SGII Next: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 01:35:49 +0100
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

	I guess I'm the culprit. The tournament never actually ran
because of lack
of interest and now some mates are trying to get me to run FT at SAGA.
	Anyway the fleet composition rules were;
		No more than 50% on capitals.
		Each Crusier must have an escort of frigate size or
better
		Each Capital must have 2 escorts of destroyer size or
better
		Each Carrier must have 2 escorts (as per capitals) plus
a crusier and
it's own escort (ie fleet carrier, escort cruiser, 2 destroyers,
frigate)
		For fleet composition purposes Patrol Carriers and
Privateers are counted
as Cruiser class ships (ie patrol carrier and a frigate are legal, so is
fleet carrier, patrol carrier, 2 destroyers, frigate)
	The idea of all this was to get people to build balanced fleets
without
have to spell out too many points ratios or limits. "Swarm" fleets are
totally acceptable.
	I'd love to able to tell you how this all worked in practice but
I'm
afraid not. Maybe at SAGA..........