Prev: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:35:50 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

You wrote:

>The only defense against swarm missile fleets that I can think of is
>another swarm fleet.  Kinda boring IMHO.  Full Thrust breaks down with
>swarm fleets.	That's why our group uses Command Ratings with our
>starships to organize our fleets.  We base it off the mass of the
ship. >Also added Command and Control "system" that gives the ship a
higher com >rating.

Could you send me (or post to list) the rules you have written up along
those lines?  I built the fleet, but I'd like to be able to prevent the
use of that many small missle ships in future engagements.  I put it
out as more of a joke than anything else.  And also because one of my
opponents is. . . flexible with both rules and spirit of game.	First
time I saw him play his 1500 point fleet was two ships.  Gah!  This was
second time I saw him play, and what does he bring?  Escort-sized ships
with fighter bays and cloaking devices.  Pffft!  BTW, where does it
define 'carrier' as a capital ship in the rules?  I know it does, but
can't find it.	As long as he is playing, I will abuse rules to counter
his abuse.  :)

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition