Prev: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: dean.gundberg@b...
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 08:55:44 -0600
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

> I seem to recall that there was some sort of restriction on tournament

> fleet composition, to the effect of 2 cruisers per capital ship and 2
> escorts per cruiser, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

 I don't know of any such rule in FT or MT, but it is a nice general
rule to
 form a classic style fleet.

 In the Full Thrust Tournament that is being organized for GenCon, we
will
 have pre-made fleets of around 1500 points for the players to choose
from.
 Most of the ships are the FT and MT examples (even though the Fleet
Book is
 due out soon, I don't think we can expect all the players to be
familiar with
 the rule changed plus fleet balancing in a couple months wouldn't be
easy).
 Each fleet should have a unique flavor but all of them should be
relatively
 equal in total power.	Once a few more fleets have been defined and
reviewed
 by the other guys who will be running the tournament, I hope to post
the
 fleets to this list for review and to catch any problems we missed.

 Dean
 dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com

Prev: Dirtside to epic conversions Next: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document