Prev: Platoon Leaders in SG2 Next: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document

RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:28:38 +1000
Subject: RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2

In the SGII rules book, the Organisations covered generally have four
full squads (FSE has five, one of which contains a Platoon Commander. In
most modern armies of today a platoon usually consists of THREE fighting
squads and a smaller command element. Brits, Aust, Soviet are all like
this. What you are descibing is more like an individual character.
Remember that a COMMAND squad is meant to do that; command. The NAC, NSL
and ESU command squads command but are large enough to fight in defence
or add firepower in an attack if necessary.

Both the Oceanic Union and Islamic Federation platoon organisations on
Evan Powles web page have a small Platoon Headquarters of only three or
four men and then has rifle (fighting) squads.

Owen G