Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Re: Extra Boarding Parties

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:30:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

John Leary wrote:

> Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
> >
> > I seem to recall that there was some sort of restriction on
tournament
> > fleet composition, to the effect of 2 cruisers per capital ship and
2
> > escorts per cruiser, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
> >
> > The question is if anyone else can confirm of deny this - thus
proving that
> > I'm going senile early.
> >
> > Thanx in advance,
> > Schoon
>
> Schoon,
>      I remember seeing that go by, but I am not certain it had to do
> with a tournment.
>      The organizer normally sets the requirements for the tourney,
> and these may differ a great deal from person to person.

It will depend on the organizer.  The first Empress Arianna tournament
had few restrictions and allowed up to 50% of all total ships could be
of a single class (Escort, Cruiser, Capital).  Learning from that
tournament,
I imposed further design constraints requiring a flagship of Mass 48 or
greater, the 50% rule, and limits on fighter groups and missiles for the
current tournament.  I have been pleased with the fleet designs and
variations.

Jon Davis

Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Re: Extra Boarding Parties