Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: Re: FAQ's in general

Re: Hex/Grid Graphics

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:22:21 -0700
Subject: Re: Hex/Grid Graphics

>At 20:16 14/04/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>>On another topic.. Are there any graphics of grids or hex's out
there. I
>>>need one with a fair ammount of hex's/grids so i don't have to photo
copy a
>>>hand drawn map of the sector we'll be playing in.
>>>				    Nathan Whitchurch
>>>				       Tarlyn Xeno
>>
>>I have a variety of hex grids in Illustrator format, and can
>>easily generate them in just about any size. The ones I have
>>prepared are for 8.5x11 sheets, with hexes from 0.1" to 2" size,
>>and with combined small (thin-lined) and large (thick-lined)
>>hexes. I put them together for RP gaming maps.
>>I can convert to EPS or (I think) PDF. If there's demand,
>>I'll post them on my web site.
>
>Can they be pasted over a .bmp or similar?  I'm not familiar with
>illustrator formats but if these could be pasted over an exisiting
graphic
>I'd be very interested in these.
>
>Thanks.
>Niall Gilsenan,
>DIT Cathal Brugha St,
>Dublin 1,
>Ireland.

It's a "vector" format. Reducing it to a bitmap makes it print-ugly.
I'll get them posted in the next couple of days. For an example
of use, look at the gaming section of my website
<http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/>.
I rendered one of the patterns to a bitmap (gif) for the background.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: FAQ's in general Next: Re: FAQ's in general