Prev: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust Next: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

From: "Peter Mancini" <Peter_Mancini@o...>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:52:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

Steve Pugh write:
Where are the Oceanic Union? The Indonesian Commonwealth? Japan?
Holland? Switzerland? The Scandinavian Federation? The Saeed
Khalifate?

Good question, two of them are still in my notes and didn't make it to
my
list by accident.

OU, SF and IC are Minor Powers. Holland is still a seperate nation?
Figures, considering they put mayonasie on their fries. ;-) Their mercs
did
have an impact in the Mercenary War (2128-2132). Japan and Switzerland
are
both on the borders of more powerful unions so I suspect they are minor
states with just enough power to maintain independence and sponsor good
merc units. The Saeed Khalifate is an off-shoot of a minor power, the
IF.
I'd classify them as minor power nation even though they only hold two
worlds (Abu Haman and Sad Al Bari).  Thanks for pointing these out. What
do
you think of listing Japan and Switzerland as minor powers?

The Saeed Khalifate actually gives me an idea for a further twist to the
plot I am devising. They seem to go into 2182 strongly and are even used
by
the ESU which is definitely mildly despotic.  Wheels are turning...

Prev: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust Next: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust