Prev: RE: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Irregular Miniatures

Back on topic, was Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, nomessages?)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:32:19 +0200
Subject: Back on topic, was Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, nomessages?)

Doug Evans wrote:

[Quote from shamelessly chauvinistic English song snipped :-)]

> As for the rest, well, don't walk around with a lamp on me head, but,
after
> 20 years in a mainframe computer machine room, no windows, might as
well
be
> underground. As for the cheating part, always have your own ruleset
handy
> when playing me. :->=

Sounds like the famous Blackheart, described by his opponents on the DBM
list <g>

devans@uneb.edu
> works as well.

Ship names is relatively on-topic, so this goes to the list. Many of
these
names (as well as the Kimbere Commonwealth and its background) stems
from
an old Starfire campaign, so don't be surprised if you see these same
names
in published Starfire scenarios sometime in the future :-)

Kimbere (Cymru = Wales): The name of the Commonwealth.

Koylfrivor (Chwilfriwio = Smash; Chwilfriwiwr is supposed to mean
"Smasher"
:-/ )
Arklood/Arglood (Arglwydd = Lord)
Prenn (Brenin = King)
Eryr (not mutilated, means "Eagle")
Heebok (Hebog = Hawk)
Riveloor (Rhyfelwr = Warrior)
Goylyor (Gwyliwr = Sentry)
Goylonas (Gwylnos = Vigil)
Goylitied (Gwyliedydd = Watchman)
Seetoor (Saethwr = Shooter)
Seetied (Saethydd = Shooter/Archer)
Seet (Saeth = Arrow)
Toln (Dolen = Bow/Arch)
Frae (Ffrae = Quarrel)
Isperet (Ysbryd = Ghost)
Drikiole (Drychiolaeth = Ghost)
Boogn (Bwgan = Ghost)
Kihiraath (Cyhiraeth = Wraith)
Goirad (Gwirod = Spirit)

There are others. However, I didn't note what words the names were
derived
from when I wrote my ship roster down so I don't remember what they mean
:-( Most of the names are inspired by the "real" name or function of the
model; for example, all the various ghosts and spirits are converted
Silent
Death Spirit Riders, and the Eryr and Heebok are two SD Falcon-class
"corvettes".

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Irregular Miniatures