Prev: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules Next: RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel)

RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel)

From: "ROBERTSON,Brendan" <Brendan.ROBERTSON@E...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:45:58 +1000
Subject: RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel)

I have deliberately not included specific orders for pushes & turns, as
the buttons & commands I want to add to the sheet don't work on previous
versions of excel.
The spreadsheet is made for working out the resultant movement vectors
from all thrust the ship outputs.  To include pushes, you just add or
subtract 90 degrees from the current ship facing at that point of the
rotation.  eg. A ship with heading 2 pushes Port 3 MU.	Current heading
is 60 degrees, minus 90 degrees results in 3MU movement in direction 300
degrees.
It might require a little manual calculation, but the resultant vectors
& velocities are accurate.

If anyone wants to expand the data to include the actual commands,
they're welcome to the hassles of doing so.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/