Prev: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting) Next: RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel)

Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 20:41:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998 09:20:55 +0100 Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk>
writes:
>On Saturday, April 04, 1998 10:50 AM, Michael Blair
>[SMTP:amfortas@hotmail.com] wrote:
>> Speed of Communications
>> What model do you use or imagine for your campaign settings?
>
>I would like the look and feel of the Weber book "A Short Victorious
>War"
>this is a great story of a very short campaign. What I liked was the
>shell game aspect of deploying the fleets to the various star systems,
>this
>could lead to a tense and interesting campain game. Of your choices
>its
>more like 'Age Of Steam'. The interstellar transits took about 10
>days. In system one
>side had FTL sensors the other didn't. IIRC Courier ships were used to
>send interstellar
>messages.

Sounds like the strategic movement system in the old Dwarfstar Game
_Star_Viking_. The Federation player allotted his forces to any or all
of
the 10 system tiles he had. Then the Viking player put his raiding
forces
on the tiles he was attacking, without knowing what the Feds had there
until he arrived. There was no movement between systems during an
attack--you fought with what you had, or you ran away. Very nice system,
and one that I like as a basis for a campaign game.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting) Next: RE: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel)