Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

Re: Ship Naming Convention

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 00:20:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 17:55:30 +0000, Rob Paul
<rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:

>Not sufficiently "hard as nails", apparently.	It sounded to me as
>if the Navy should be teaching a bit more history to its recruits.
Then
>again, I do think we have plenty of better names and historic ships to
>honour before starting a "Duke" (not even Duchy) class.

What was the ship's name?

And you'd think that if ANYONE had a right to complain about their ship
names
it would have been the crew of the Flower class destroyers during WWII.
I mean
Gladiolus (an actual name) sure strikes fear in MY heart, how about you?

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention Next: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)