Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention

Re: Ship Naming Convention

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 00:17:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:11:53 +0000, Rob Paul
<rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:

>My own Scottish space fleet uses whatever historical Scottish ship
>names I can dig up (Great Michael, Yellow Carvel, Klinkbellis, Unicorn,
>Ly-by-the-fire amongst others) plus the odd fictional or otherwise
>appropriate name (Vital Spark, Cutty Sark), plus assorted Scottish
heroes
>(William Wallace, James IV, John Maclean, Alex Salmond [only slightly
;-)]).

Make sure you throw in an Alexander Bell, and a John A. Macdonald
(Macdonald
was born a Scot and went on to become Canada's first Prime Minister).
These
are particularly good for NAC ships (note on Bell: born a Scot, invented
the
telephone in the US, but first patented the phone and set up the first
telephone exchange in Canada; nice bit of unifying there).

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: Ship Naming Convention