Prev: Re: Traveller Starships Next: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

Re: Traveller Starships

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 23:15:23 +0200
Subject: Re: Traveller Starships

Ironlimper wrote:

> At least two of the Traveller ship figs morphed into Silent Death
fighters. I
> don't recall the class names in either game but I'll try a short typed
> description from memory:
>
> 1) The first had a plan-form similar to a modern fighter in that it
had
wing-
> like appendages on the rear of the ship. The nose was squared off in
cross
> section, but came to a sharp point. The wings were thick and had 3
gun/missile
> tubes on the leading edge of each "wing". From above the wings were
roughtly
> trapazoidal (long edge attatched to the fuselage) in shape. In our
games
> call 'em destroyers.

Hm. Are the wings curved downwards, too? If so, it could be the new
Epping-class gunboat, but I'm not at all sure about it.

> 2) Second are the flying stovepipes. Cylindrical with limited
protrusions.
> Small "wings" in the rear that resemble the horizontal surfaces on a
WWII
> torpedo. Some sort of weapons snugged underneath the "stabilizers". A
> bridge/low conning tower thing in the middle on the top. Some bumps
forward
> and on the the bow of the ship some inset gun/missile tubes --three I
believe.
> This ship appeared on the cover of a Silent Death sourcebook, though
again I'm
> not sure which one. Light Cruisers in our games.

In SD, this ship is a Javelin Gunboat. The module is "Universal
Nightwatch". Nice models, too - they don't look as "fighter-ish" as some
other SD ships.

I've heard (but again I ain't sure) that all the Universal Nightwatch
ships
are old Traveller ones (except possibly the Falcon "warhound" - ie,
corvette (which looks great as a dreadnought :-) ).

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Traveller Starships Next: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules