Prev: Beast: a reply Next: The Game Castle Phone Number

Re: Alternative SG II APCs

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:22:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Stuart Murray wrote:

> Hi,
> >Another source of sg2 armoured vehicles is the Roco Minitanks line;
these
> >are HO (1/87) or 1/72 scale (I can't recall which) vehicles, mostly
modern
> >European vehicles.
>
> Does Roco have a web site with piccies ?

I don't know about pictures (I use a text-based browser most of the
time)
but go to http://www.rocousa.com/ for a catalog - and some really cheap
prices, as they're selling all Roco stock.

There's also the Roco homepage, which I haven't got the URL for -
searching for 'Roco Minitanks' on Infoseek turned it up.

> >I look for foreign vehicles, which for me here in Canada means
European
> >units, usually...no use using Yank vehicles, an M113 with a
hoverskirt is
> >still an M113 - they're too damn common. The South African military
also
> >has some interesting rare vehicles, if I can find models, and there's
> >bunch of Japanese tank models at the local hobby store that're
> >interesting. (Real Japanese tanks, not magna...)
>
> For me one of the best 'Sci-Fi' look tanks of today is the Israeli
Merkava.

No arguement here - the latest mods of the M1a2 are also pretty SF
looking, it's just that EVERYONE can recognize American vehicles,
whereas
European and other military's vehicles have recived less press. (here,
at
least...)

Anyone know of any SF-looking wheeled APCs available in model form?

Later,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

 > >You can do exactly the same thing with bigger scale models for
25mm > >Stargrunt - I think 1/35 is the scale you want.

> >(There's actually a South African wheeled heavy artillery vehicle
that
> >would make a very cool sg2 centerpiece - it already looks SFish.
Can't