Prev: Re: Alternative SG II APCs Next: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

Re: Alternative SG II APCs

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:59:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Alternative SG II APCs

Hi,
>Another source of sg2 armoured vehicles is the Roco Minitanks line;
these
>are HO (1/87) or 1/72 scale (I can't recall which) vehicles, mostly
modern
>European vehicles.

Does Roco have a web site with piccies ?

>I look for foreign vehicles, which for me here in Canada means European
>units, usually...no use using Yank vehicles, an M113 with a hoverskirt
is
>still an M113 - they're too damn common. The South African military
also
>has some interesting rare vehicles, if I can find models, and there's a
>bunch of Japanese tank models at the local hobby store that're
>interesting. (Real Japanese tanks, not magna...)

For me one of the best 'Sci-Fi' look tanks of today is the Israeli
Merkava.

>You can do exactly the same thing with bigger scale models for 25mm
>Stargrunt - I think 1/35 is the scale you want.
>
>(There's actually a South African wheeled heavy artillery vehicle that
>would make a very cool sg2 centerpiece - it already looks SFish. Can't
>recall the name...I've seen 1/35 models of it, but no 1/72.)

I agree some of the South African stuff looks realy funky.  Other sci-fi
looking stuff includes the Fuchs APC (German), Swiss MBT project (forgot
its name), the french four wheel APC/light vehicle (again I've forgotten
its name).

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: Alternative SG II APCs Next: Re: Alternative SG II APCs