Prev: Re: <Off/Long>LEG was Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: Question: Vehicle construction DS vs SG

Re: GZG Ontario (Toronto) Con - Call for Support

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:10:21 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: GZG Ontario (Toronto) Con - Call for Support

	Howdy!

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Allan Goodall wrote:

> Cool. I haven't been to Panda in years because I was unimpressed with
> the way it was run the last time out. Maybe I'll give it a shot next
> year.

	Yeah, Pande really bit back in '91-94.	They have *really*
gotten
their act together.  The hotel they had it at this year was *great*.
Some
FT was run, but SGII was run continuously (it's a big draw).

> >	This May, OrionCon will be having a number of SGII and FT
events.

> I was wondering what that might be like. I think I'll drop by on the
> Saturday.

	I hope it's good.... :)

> >In July, Toronto Trek will have all of the GZG games represented.
>
> I'll probably be too busy preparing for GenCon to go, but it's a
> possibility.

	You should; it is a neat con.  Lots of stuff to do.

> I'm finding that convention space in Toronto is expensive. The prices
> I'm seeing are around $800 per room per night for hotel space. I still
> have some alternate locations, however...

	We just piggy-back on existing cons.  We've been running
miniatures events for about 10 years locally, with about 5 cons a year,
not including in-store demos.

	Sadly, prices are very high.  We tried putting together a con
about 4 years ago, but didn't have the money and organization.	Kevin at
Bushman Games did a nice one about 8 years ago, but that was around
Erindale.  It CAN be done.... :)

	Ken

Prev: Re: <Off/Long>LEG was Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship Next: Question: Vehicle construction DS vs SG