Prev: LEG Minis Availible (was Re: Halcyon Aliens Dropship) Next: Re: Spice Marines

Re: Bases for your fleets

From: Nic Robson <nicr@e...>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 09:12:37 +1100
Subject: Re: Bases for your fleets

On the note regarding Hallmarks 1:1200 WWII aircraft they are available
from Eureka Miniatures in Australia and both Regal Miniatures and
Emporers
HQ in the States, I actually envisaged using them as the 'missing'
flight
from the Bermuda Triangle, would be very diturbing turning up in the
middle
of your FT fleet!

Nic

At 04:49 AM 3/19/98 PST, you wrote:
>Bases
>I have just purchased a pack of large flying bases from Games Workshop
>at 1.50 pounds for four. The bases are round, clear and 60mm (2.4") in
>diameter and strangely come with four posts, each of a different
length.
>For capital ships these are ideal. It would be simple to paint or mark
>the new 12 course points on them.
>
>As suggested by someone on the list I now have four sizes of brass tube

>5/32. 1/8, 3/32 and 1/16" which will fit one inside another. My
>starships all have pins mounted in them that fit the 3/32" tubing. The
>smallest size fits the fighters and aircraft. Another innovation in the

>course of construction is a jig to hold the brass uprights vertical in
>the bases while the glue is setting. It is a simple wooden bridge with
>appropriately sized holes drilled in it to sit over the bases.
Something