Prev: Space Terrain Next: Re: EFSB missiles

Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:10:56 -0600
Subject: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:16:40 -0500 Andy Cowell <cowell@icx.net> writes:

>SG2?
>> >
>> > Formally, probably nothing. I'd think it should force a confidence
>
>> > test with some sort of TL for all subunits.
>>
>> Actually, the loss of the platoon leader usually leads to that side
>> pulling back onto the defensive.  We ALWAYS play with platoon
>leaders
>
>Historically, would another unit take over this spot?	I don't know,
>I'm
>just looking for _something_ to happen, and am wondering what,
>exactly,
>it should be.	I think the morale test for subunits is resonable and
>obvious, I'd say at something high like TL 2 or 3.  "OH SH!T!	They
>got
>the LT!  Whadda we do now!?"

   Really!!!!  I think a lot of units would say "Thank God the LT is
dead, now maybe we will get out of this alive!!!!"  Besides all my
reading says that unless the LT buys it in front of you, you wouldn't
know about it till the fight was over. AS a matter of fact few soldiers
have any idea of what happened even then. Only a few people would care
and the more disciplined they are the less difference it would make,
only
the greenest untrained units are surprised that they would take
casualties.

Tom Hughes

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Space Terrain Next: Re: EFSB missiles