Prev: Re: EFSB missiles Next: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

Space Terrain

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:00:35 -0500
Subject: Space Terrain

Thinking about the game that I will be running this weekend, I've been
giving some thought to the matter of making the board look as visually
appealing as possible.	The problem, of course, is that there is
generally
not all that much to see in outer space....  So, I was wondering what
other
people use for "terrain" on their FTII boards.	We use lava rocks as
asteroids, some of which have been mounted on flight stands--I intend to
replace these with some artificial foam rocks, as the bases will
cheerfully
snap off of the rock at even the slightest hint of an impact--and cotton
pulled out into "nebulas".  These give a -1 to any shots that pass
through
it.  I've seen a planet that someone made, using a plastic hemisphere,
and
intend to do the same at some point soon.  Does anyone else do anything
neat and different?  I'd like to hear about anything at all.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: EFSB missiles Next: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play