Prev: Re: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such, Next: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:40:48 GMT
Subject: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 22:26:34 -0500, Andy Cowell <cowell@icx.net>
wrote:

>I always wondered whether this was a good idea or not, and I will be
>interested to see how this plays out.	I tried with limited success to
>attract local 40k'ers to SG2.	Who wants to see their Power Armored
>Genetically Engineered Super Soldiers get in position and suppress
>their foes?  <:)

There is that. On the other hand, I find that most GW Cultists (those
indoctrinated in the Evil Empire, not just casual GW gamers) won't
usually try anything new anyway. I suspect that what I'll get is a
bunch of people who are interested in SG2 but have a bunch of GW
figures lying around. They are more interested in how they can use
their figs and the background with SG2 as the rules sets.

That and the fact that it's going to drive some GW Cultists nuts to
see the old figures back in circulation, but this time with funny
numbered chits beside them...

>I think that (munchkins aside) the GW style of play fits well with
their
>miniatures (many of which I really like and wish I could afford ;).  I
mean,
>if you're dressed in day-glo armor and have a gun whose barrel you can
fit
>your arm through, why _not_ run screaming across the battlefield!?!

I was surprised how well the older figures looked on the battlefield,
though. The only marines that I have come from the original boxed set,
Space Crusade and Space Hulk. The Orks are mostly from the original
boxed set and the plastic Ork boxed set. What's getting most of the
comments are the Kryomek buildings and the two old Ork dreadnoughts.

By the way, I'm using Terrain Creations hills but the dirt road and
stream are from GeoHex's gamescape packs and they don't look too bad.
They aren't as fancy as resin or plastic stream bits, but I got enough
stream bits to fit the width of the board for US$7. I'm buying some
more at GenCon this year.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Loss of platoon/company leaders, was Re: SG2 Rules and such, Next: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players