Prev: Re: B5 White Star Miniature Next: RE: DS2 Moonbase Xi - Reply

Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:17:50 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2 Moonbase Xi

(Sorry for the late reply; my Netscrape mailer went BOOM.  Never let
your
/tmp fill up.  Anyways...)

Brian Bell wrote:

> Attackers:
>   Only Direct Fire weapons (RFAC, HVC, HKP, MDC, HEL, DFFG)
>	Most missiles still use fin stablilization and are therefore too
> unstable to be effective.

Wouldn't the main concern with using missiles in a vacuum whether or not
they use fins/lifting body/thrusters to maneuver?  (After all, since
there's no atmosphere, there's nothing to cause instabilities in the
flight path.)

So, in other words, the missiles will fly normally, or they'll fly like
big, fat, slow rockets.  (8-)

J.

--
    *** Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan ***
 "I remember those long lonely days, when it seems I did not have a

Prev: Re: B5 White Star Miniature Next: RE: DS2 Moonbase Xi - Reply