Prev: LONDON THRUST - Back from the dead Next: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

From: "Geo-Hex" <geohex@t...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:54:32 +0000
Subject: Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

> From: 	 Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca>
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Date: 	 Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:45:18 -0500
> Subject:	 Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K
Players
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Priority:	 normal

> Andy spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
> > Question: what is the effect of the loss of command elements in SG2?
> > Not squad leaders, but platoon and company leaders and such?
>
> Formally, probably nothing. I'd think it should force a confidence
> test with some sort of TL for all subunits.
>
>  Tom

Actually, the loss of the platoon leader usually leads to that side
pulling back onto the defensive.  We ALWAYS play with platoon leaders
(in our club we have more than enough players to run squads) and the
loss of the ability to reactivate squads is usually a heavy blow.  We
allow simultaneous activation of two squads for purposes of close
assault ONLY when a platoon leader directs it and if one side has a
leader they tend to overpower the other.

KR

Prev: LONDON THRUST - Back from the dead Next: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players