Prev: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: SG2 Rules and such, was Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Play

LONDON THRUST - Back from the dead

From: denny.graver@b... (Denny Graver)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:25:21 GMT
Subject: LONDON THRUST - Back from the dead

Denny Graver wrote:

Hi there, me again -   back from my second bout of flu in a month !

More thoughts on London thrust:
 To Roger who asked
>Central London venues tend to be pretty pricey if they're big. How
would
>you go about publicising this? This list... ads in games shops... ads
in
>magazines? What sort of attendance numbers are you thinking of?
Or would it be a "get the London list members together in the back room
of a pub and see what happens"? (I'm not objecting to this - in fact, I
think it would be a good way to start, getting a core group of
organisers together.)
      Yep, london venues are very pricey - given the respense so far, I

don't think we'll be booking Olympia. I would think a small meeting
initially - I know a venue in West Kensington/Shepherds's Bush - which

can accomodate 15-20 ish people in spartan comfort - ie, tables, chairs,

kettle, sink, etc . A 1001 takeaways are within 15mins walk pubs are ok,

but do tend to frown on younger members/kids.  There is enough room for

3-4 games plus spectators.
 - last time I was there they had 5 (30"X 72") tables, some 4' x 4'
Boards, and some odd sized tables.

As for a larger meet, watch this space !