Prev: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: Battle Cruiser 3000AD

Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 02:19:29 GMT
Subject: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:53:18, -0500, HRAZ71A@prodigy.com (MR DAVID E
PETERS) wrote:

>     I would like to take an informal survery of five RPG settings
>that have a conflict setting that might
>be benificial to use DS II and SG II to resolve large scale combat.

<<snippage>>

>    The settings are as follows:
>
>     1. Heavy Gear
>     2. Fading Suns
>     3. Traveller
>     4. BattleTech
>     5. Albedo

In order:

1. Traveller - I've got a large selection of 15mm figs and I'm doing
this now anyway.
2. Heavy Gear - although I'm not sure why you'd bother switching as
the game rules for HG are already good enough.
3. Fading Suns - Interesting background, though I haven't read enough
to see how it would play in DS2 or SG2. It seemed more of a political
intrigue game than a combat RPG.
4. Albedo - anthropomorphic animals? I like Usagi Yojimbo; I'd pass on
this.
5. Battletech - sorry, I'm just a little to sick of BattleTech.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: Battle Cruiser 3000AD