Prev: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:34:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well...

At 05:54 PM 3/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
>>
>>	   Size 7, armour 7, transport walker mobility, FGP powerplant,
>> Dual Superior Fire Control, Superior ECM, 2 HEL/2s in a forward mount
in
>> the head whcih gives them a 180 turret, 2 LADs, 2 APSW and cargo
space for
>> either 5 fire teams or 3 fire teams and a commmand space.  Usual load
out
>> is 3 line fire teams, 1 APSW team and 1 GMS/L team.
>
>To be in line with the movie, the HELs should probably be more
>powerful.  Even though they spent most of their time plinking at
>infantry, there is the scene where the commander calls for full power
>take out the power generator.	The resulting shot seemed like it was
>more in the 4-5 range (for the two weapons together), although the
AT-AT
>seemed to have to stand still and power everything else down to do it.

	To quote my brother: Can't have everything, where would you put
it?
There is no weapon in DirtSide that replicates this...	I've designed a
fire support ATAT that carries two DFFG/5 s but fewer troops...

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: Modular Combat Walker that we know so well... Next: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II