Prev: Re: OT: asteroid in-bound... Next: Re: Spice Marines

Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:56:30 -0600
Subject: Re: Gaming Setting Conversion to DS II/SG II

At 19:24 3/11/98, Carl J Parlagreco wrote:
>>     I would like to take an informal survery of five RPG settings
>>that have a conflict setting that might
>>be benificial to use DS II and SG II to resolve large scale combat.
>>I have chosen five RPG settings that I would like you to list in the
>>order of preference as to which ones would you chose to adapt to DS
>>II/SGII for large scale combat scenarios and needed a simple
>>miniatures rules set with easy adapitng.
>>
>>    The settings are as follows:
>>
>>     1. Heavy Gear
>>     2. Fading Suns
>>     3. Traveller
>>     4. BattleTech
>>     5. Albedo

1) Traveller
2) Albedo
These are both hard SF games that fit in well with the GSG 'feel.'

3) Heavy Gear - a bit less realistic, but still relatable to DSII/SGII
4) Fading Suns - don't know it
5) Battletech - way too high on the PSB factor, IMHO. Besides, painting
neon 'Hit Me' signs on the mechs would take too much work. >^_-<

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: OT: asteroid in-bound... Next: Re: Spice Marines