Prev: Re: Off-topic (Re: Sig?) Next: Re: Non Violent Weapons

RE: Sig? (dangerously close to off topic)

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:57:47 -0600
Subject: RE: Sig? (dangerously close to off topic)

At 10:36 3/10/98, George,Eugene M wrote:
>Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one !!!! Nothing like synaptic
>misfiring to keep you amused. Wouldn't that be a cyber-ware boon. A
chip
>that tracks down the source of that damned commercial jingle /tv theme
>/beatles song /poem that is vexing you and eliminates it, maybe it
could
>also sort through and index your memory so that you can always remember
>the name of that guy, you know, the one on that tv show, the one that
>did the thing, you know him...

Actually, this could be both a bane and a boon.... what if you couldn't
stop it? This chip would basically give you perfect memory, and memory
being a relational/associative function in the human brain, the least
thought or stimuli could produce a deluge of information culled from the
entire lifetime that would leave the average user locked into an endless
loop of memory after memory. Then again, it might be a (cynical, vicious
and unethical) way to handle the problem of aging baby boomers....

And besides (to drag the thread a bit closer to topic) can you imagine
how
insufferable the rules lawyers would get with a chip like this? They
could
not only cite chapter and verse of the rule they're using against you,
but
historical precendents back to the invention of chess. >O.o<

Come to think of it, I've met too many people who can do this already...
no
point in making it commonly available, ne?

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Off-topic (Re: Sig?) Next: Re: Non Violent Weapons