Prev: Re: Casting your own mini Next: Re: Casting your own mini

Re: Casting your own mini

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 10:04:39 +0000
Subject: Re: Casting your own mini

>I've often wondered how to do it and have tons (almost literally) of
>fantasy minis for lead.  I don't have the first clue on how to create a
>miniature though, is there a book or kit, can I do this with out
>spending a lot of money?
>
>Dr Tachyon
>tachyon1@ix.netcom.com

In the UK, Alec Tiranti Ltd (supplier of casting rubber, sculpting tools
etc.) do some useful booklets on creating masters and making moulds - I
guess someone in the US must do something similar. However, reading a
booklet on it won't give you the skill needed to sculpt a miniature well
-
only talent and practice can do that (just like reading a book on
painting
ceilings would not automatically make you the next Michaelangelo)....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Casting your own mini Next: Re: Casting your own mini