Prev: Re: Grendel/Grenadier (was re: Re: Care and Feeding of Dice) Next: [GZG Ontario Con] Timing and Volunteers

Re: timing of an eastern canadian con

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 03:45:52 GMT
Subject: Re: timing of an eastern canadian con

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998 16:22:15 -0500 (EST), Mark Donelan
<donelan@shore.net> wrote:

>	Hey that sounds cool. I would certainly like to make it to a
second
>GZG Easct Coast convention.  However I must agree with
>Drew M Losos <losos@ecf.utoronto.ca> October is a bad time.  I would
think a
>good time to visit Canada might be August when the US is hot and
unpleasant
>and Canada might be merely pleasantly warm.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha, hahahahaha, chuckle, chuckle!!!!

Sorry about that, I couldn't resist. Toronto's average temperature in
August is in the low 80s fahrenheit (low 30s celsius). We often get
humidex readings pushing it into the 40s (90s). Toronto gets stinky
hot in the summer since it sits right on top of Lake Ontario. Add to
this the fact that we get Ohio Valley pollution pushed right up to us.
We'd KILL for it to be just pleasantly warm. Trust me; I have asthma,
I know. Ontario (and much of habitable Canada) has a rather nasty
dichotomy of temperature zones: it's classed as subarctic in the
winter and subtropical in the summer. Except for British Columbia
(which is pleasantly warm, if wet, all year).

By the way, I went out to Boston in 1993 (loved the city!) for
NecronomiCon. Boston was a cool respite from the heat wave we were
having back home that year.

However, your comments are duly noted. Mid to late September is when
Toronto gets "pleasantly warm" and is a bit further back from October.
You don't want to push into November as November weather in Toronto is
unpredictable.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Grendel/Grenadier (was re: Re: Care and Feeding of Dice) Next: [GZG Ontario Con] Timing and Volunteers