Prev: Re: HELP STUART! Next: Re: HELP STUART!

RE: SFB Conversions

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:15:36 -0500
Subject: RE: SFB Conversions

Dr. spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Ditto to that, I've got so much SFB stuff, it gives me a headache
> whenever I see all of those wasted dollars.

Haven't we all? I don't just have the misfortune to have one
generation of rules, but two or three, just about every ship book,
more SSDs than are pleasing to the eye, and about 5000 counters. It's
not wasted dollars - its a lesson in the advantages of easy flexible
systems. SFB makes for excellent two ship duels for people who like
detail and lots of options. FT makes for excellent fleet battles
which bog down in SFB (I ran one where it took 3 hours to run 32
impulses - 1 turn).  FT also hurts your head less and promotes less
rules lawyering. But if you want to hammer that Klingon cruiser,
there ain't no substitute for SFB. (Proximity Photons and the Kaufman
retrograde!)

Thomas.

Prev: Re: HELP STUART! Next: Re: HELP STUART!