Prev: RE: Now Dream Pod 9?!? Next: RE: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:48:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

You naked inside your fear wrote:
> Well, as I noted in another msg yesterday, I know amateur astronomers
who
> *hand-track* on Mir...  ;-)  And at the right orientations they have
reported
> they can make out the rough shape (one of my co-workers even took a
blurry
> photo of the Mir and shuttle docked a few years ago; you *can* make
out the
> basic shapes)

Quick note:  Mir doesn't dodge violently, evading missiles and beam
weapons fire.  (8-)  Though, there are systems that can take a
'snapshot' of a target, and follow it down.  Maverick and several
other Electro-optical guided missiles/bombs are examples of this.

Actually, would anybody know what the tolerances on these systems are?
(And if so, could they actually tell us?  (8-) )

J.

--
 *** Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan ***
 "Under our current system of courtship, men do most of the date-asking,

Prev: RE: Now Dream Pod 9?!? Next: RE: DS2/SG2 Camouflage