Prev: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!? Next: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

From: Winchell Chung <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:43:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers

Christopher Pratt wrote:
> Or like fleet battles in the "Mote in Gods Eye" by Niven and Pournell,
> I takes a while for laser fire to overload a ship's sheilds and score
a kill.

	This is described in some detail in Pournelle's book
	A STEP FARTHER OUT, in the article about "Building the Mote
	in God's Eye".	The Alderson drive and the Langston field
	were *specifically* designed to make interstellar combat
	possible.

Prev: Re: Now Dream Pod 9?!? Next: Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers