Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers

Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

From: carlparl@j... (Carl J Parlagreco)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:28:58 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:45:17 +0000 Brian Bell <Brian.Bell@axom.com>
writes:
>I would like to know what other people are using for camouflage on
>thier
>DS2/SG2 vehicles (and/or figures). I have been using a Mountain
>Stone/Urban camouflage scheme for my one force (see my DS2 page for a
>picture*), but need to choose a 2nd scheme, so that I have an obvious
>2nd side. Thus, the inquiry as to what camouflage schemes are being
>used. Also, if someone could recogmend a good reference book for other
>camouflage schemes.
>--
Well, I've got a bunch of schemes. I can't remember all of them
off-hand,
but I'll give it a try:

Islamic Federation:
Light Infantry: Desert Sand jackets, olive drab pants, white keffiyeh,
brown leather boots and belts
Power armor infantry: Medium brown with dark brown trim. I'm thinking of
repainting them, though, to a standard desert-camo scheme.
Vehicles: Desert yellow with a brown ink wash over the whole thing.
(Actually, I don't like the way this came out, so I'll probably repaint
it).

New Anglian Confederation or Israeli Defense Force:
Light Infantry: Olive drab or medium brown fatigues with darker colored
trim.
Power armor: Tiger stripe.
Vehicles: Woodland camo

Pan African Union:
similar to NAC, with different trim details. Mostly differentiated by
the
manufacturer (they're Grenadier figures, so look distinctly different).

I know I've got more troops. I've been collecting for a *lot* of years
and have recently been organizing them for SGII. This is all I can think
of at the moment, though.

Oh, and as for the urban camouflage, I've got a unit of Traveller
Imperial Marines painted up like that; it looks real nice. My ship-board
troops are going to be done up that way, I think.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers