Prev: DSII chit probabilities (VERY LONG) Next: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)

Re: Re[2]: DSII damage chit chart.

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:10:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Re[2]: DSII damage chit chart.

At 02:22 PM 2/18/1998 +0000, Mike Elliot wrote:

>Mmm, yes of course the probabilities would only be the same if you were
>draw ONE chit at a time _and put it back in the pot_ before drawing the
>next.
>
>Which only goes to show that replacing the chits with dice is not such
>good idea.

	Actually thats a poor idea.  This means that heavy weapons such
as a DFFG
5 has a non-linear advantage over its smaller cousin and is no longer
balanced in the points system.	This is because as I draw out chits from
the pot, there are fewer chits to draw from that might have the all
powerful BOOM chit on it.  Of course some would argue that the targeting
system down can therefore come up just as often, but it is a minority
among
the special chits and is repairable, the BOOM is not.  Therefore, it is
better to roll on the chart than to draw chits.
	Either way the chits skew the damage markers.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: DSII chit probabilities (VERY LONG) Next: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)