Prev: RE: DSII Question Next: Re: DSII Question

DSII Question- Obstacles

From: "Paul O'Grady" <paulog@o...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:29:04 +1100
Subject: DSII Question- Obstacles

Has anyone come up with a genric rule regarding the use of barbed/razor
wire as obstacles for DS2 ?  What about WW2 "Dragon Teeth" type tank
obstacles ?

My inclination for DS2 scale games would be that they automatically stop
movement when advancing into contact with the obstacle (and they are NOT
allowed to then fire), but that the infantry units attempting to cross
may
continue moving in their next turn.  This would simulate the use of
bangalore torpedo type weapons and the effect of checking movement and
making them a nice target for the defenders for a turn.  Dragon Teeth
would
be impassable but may be blown by sappers simialr to building
demolition.

Any comments/suggestions ?

Paul
----------
> From: Brian Bell <Brian.Bell@axom.com>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: DSII Question
> Date: Tuesday, 17 February 1998 13:20
>
> > Firstly, on the weekend Paul O'Grady and I were playing a game in
which
> > a unt of APCs suffered a dismal bout of Confidence Checks and became
> > routed. Whilst running away back to the base line Paul used his
> > commander to try to Rally the unit. Here's teh interesting part.
> > According to the rules the Rally action on part of the commander
uses
up